Going through a complex family law battle can be messy and challenging. Emotions run high, and wounds cut deep.
Any family law matters is a time when you are at your most vulnerable.
Our Denver family law attorneys at Curtis Law Firm understand what you’re going through exactly and want to help protect you and your legal rights.
Having skilled Denver lawyers on your side can make all the difference in the world when faced with making decisions that will affect you and your family for the rest of your life.
There are family law lawyers in Colorado who will prey on your vulnerability during this time to make a dollar.
They may make unrealistic promises, or worse yet, encourage you to pursue expensive litigation when those family law lawyers could just as easily reach a quick resolution.
At Curtis Law Firm, our clients – your family – are our priority.
Any family law attorney from our law firm will provide you with the respectful, honest, and quality legal guidance you need to emerge more optimistic than before.
Schedule an initial consultation onlineor at (720) 408-7726to discuss your family law case in Denver, Colorado with Curtis Law Firm today. Our attorneys proudly serve clients in Jefferson, Douglas, Arapahoe, and Adams Counties.
There are a few different options to separate from your ex-spouse in Denver, Colorado. First, you could pursue a divorce, which will officially terminate your marriage and divide all the marital property and assets between you.
Those who are not ready for the finality of divorce, though, for religious or financial reasons, can turn instead to legal separation.
With a legal separation, the couple will no longer live together or act as a married couple, though they will remain legally married. A legal separation will not officially terminate a marriage in Denver.
We can be your guide through the most complex family law matters and will compassionately provide the resources your family needs. You are not alone through this journey if you choose the legal representation of Curtis Law Firm LLC.
He is very caring and makes sure you understand the complications that are involved in your case.Laura S.
As you navigate your specific family law matter, you can have confidence that our Denver family law team is representing the best interests of your family. If mutual children are involved, our focus is on the best interest of these vulnerable participants. We strive to utilize strategies that minimize the trauma they face. Our goal is to help parents make the best decisions regarding child custody and child support throughout the legal process while helping to avoid conflict between the divorcing parties.
Our talented and devoted family lawyers at Curtis Law Firm proudly provide the quality and affordable legal services that we happily offer. For the last ten years, our team has helped to pursue the best possible outcome for our clients and their families. When you work with our team, you won't be shuffled around among various legal assistants and paralegals. You will instead receive committed and personalized services.
The Importance of Hiring a Local Family Law Attorney
Hiring a local family law attorney can be crucial for several reasons, as they offer numerous benefits that can significantly impact the outcome of your case. Here are some reasons why hiring a local family law attorney is important:
- Knowledge of Local Laws and Procedures: Family law can vary significantly from one jurisdiction to another. A local family law attorney will have in-depth knowledge of the specific laws, regulations, and procedures that apply in your local court system. This knowledge can be invaluable in navigating the legal process effectively.
- Familiarity with Local Courts and Judges: A local family law attorney is likely to have experience practicing in the local courts and interacting with the judges who preside over family law cases. This familiarity can provide insights into how judges typically approach cases, which can be advantageous when developing legal strategies and arguments.
- Accessibility and Availability: A local attorney is more accessible and available to meet with you in person, which can be important for building a strong attorney-client relationship. Being able to meet face-to-face can facilitate better communication and understanding of your case.
- Understanding of Local Legal Community: Local family law attorneys often have connections and relationships within the local legal community. This network can be beneficial for your case, as it may provide access to resources, experts, and other professionals who can support your legal needs.
- Convenience and Efficiency: Working with a local attorney can offer convenience and efficiency in handling your case. They are likely to be familiar with local administrative processes, which can streamline paperwork and filings, saving you time and effort.
- Cultural and Community Awareness: Family law cases can involve sensitive personal and cultural issues. A local attorney who is familiar with the local community and its cultural nuances can better understand your unique circumstances and tailor their approach accordingly.
- Local Reputation and Trust: A local family law attorney's reputation within the community can be an asset. They may have a track record of successful cases or a reputation for integrity and professionalism, which can instill confidence in their ability to represent you effectively.
In conclusion, hiring a local family law attorney can offer numerous advantages, including specialized knowledge, familiarity with local courts and judges, accessibility, and a deeper understanding of your specific needs and circumstances. These factors can contribute to a more effective and successful resolution of your family law matter.
There are several methods to resolving the disputes in a divorce or separation.
One such way is divorce mediation which is the best and most affordable solution for spouses who are on amicable terms.
The spouses and their divorce attorneys will meet with a neutral mediator to resolve issues or disputes and create a divorce agreement that satisfies both parties.
Note that the divorce mediator’s role is merely to facilitate productive discussion, not make any decisions.
Alternatively, couples can turn to binding arbitration.
As with mediation, a neutral third party (the arbitrator) will hear both sides of the issue and try to help the couple come to an agreeable outcome. However, as opposed to divorce mediation, in arbitration the arbitrator has the power to make decisions, and the final agreement established by the arbitrator is legally binding.
The couple can also turn to litigation and settle their divorce in court. It is best to consult an experienced family law attorney at Curtis Law Firm to evaluate the best path for you and, if it comes to it, how to effectively build your family case for court in Colorado.
Dealing with a family law issue in Denver, Colorado? Let us help.
Our lawyers have over a decade of experience providing clients with personalized representation, and one of our main priorities as a family law firm is to treat families with respect, honor, and dignity.
Our attorneys understand that family law issues are not easy to handle, and they can present an obstructive burden.
A Denver family law attorney from our law firm will help protect your future, freedom, and rights during this challenging time and process.
Let our family law lawyer take the legal reins and guide you through negotiation and litigation. Our Denver law firm will do our best to protect your spousal and parental rights in every step of the family legal process to negotiate a favorable outcome.
Our firm is known for our aggressive approach when our lawyers need to go to trial and our compassionate service to those facing severe family law issues.
Our Denver-based lawyers are always honest and open with our clients' legal opportunities and never make false guarantees. Our reputation, nevertheless, speaks for itself.
Give us a call at (720) 408-7726 or contact us online to speak with one of our family attorneys at Curtis Law Firm for legal advice. Flat rates and unbundled services available.