At Curtis Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing unparalleled legal representation in Denver, Colorado. Our experienced attorneys specialize in various practice areas, including premises liability. If you've suffered an injury due to hazardous conditions on someone else's property, you need a reliable Denver premises liability lawyer to fight for your rights. This page is your comprehensive guide to understanding premises liability, the damages that can be recovered in a premises liability claim, and the statute of limitations that applies in Colorado.
Call Curtis Law Firm today at (720) 408-7726 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our premises liability attorney in Denver!
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a concept that holds property owners responsible for keeping safe conditions on their premises. If someone is injured due to dangerous conditions on another person's property, the property owner may be held liable for the injuries and damages suffered by the victim.
Premises liability cases can arise from multiple situations, including:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These occur when a person slips and falls due to a hazardous condition, such as a wet floor, uneven pavement, or a lack of warning signs.
- Trip and Fall Accidents: These involve a person tripping over an obstacle or hazard on the property, such as loose cables, debris, or cracked sidewalks.
- Inadequate Security: Property owners may be liable if someone is assaulted or injured due to inadequate security measures.
- Dog Bites: When a property owner's dog attacks and harms someone, they can be liable for the damages.
- Negligent Maintenance: Property owners must maintain their premises reasonably. Negligent maintenance can lead to accidents and injuries, making them liable for any resulting harm.
When you suffer injuries because of another person's negligence on their premises, you may have the opportunity to seek various forms of compensation. These types of compensation address your physical, emotional, and financial hardships. The potential compensations available in a premises liability claim may comprise:
- Medical Expenses Coverage: This pertains to all expenses associated with your medical care, encompassing hospital bills, surgical procedures, doctor's consultations, prescriptions, and rehabilitation.
- Reimbursement for Lost Income: If your injuries hinder your ability to work, you may be eligible for compensation for the wages you couldn't earn during your recovery.
- Compensation for Pain and Suffering: This facet is designed to compensate you for the physical and emotional distress resulting from the accident and your consequent injuries.
- Recovery for Property Damage: If your possessions were harmed during the incident, you might have the chance to recover the costs incurred in repairing or replacing them.
- Restitution for Reduced Quality of Life: This compensation addresses any decrease in your overall quality of life caused by the injuries you sustained.
- Punitive Damages Possibility: In certain situations, the court may award punitive damages if the property owner's actions were reckless or intentional.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability in Colorado?
The statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Colorado is typically two years from the date of the injury. You have a two-year window to initiate legal action against the property owner or their insurance company. Failing to file a lawsuit within this timeframe may result in your case being dismissed, and you could lose your right to seek compensation.
Premises liability cases can be complex, and securing the compensation you deserve requires legal expertise and a thorough understanding of Colorado's laws. Curtis Law Firm is your dedicated partner in Denver, ready to provide you with top-notch representation to protect your rights.
Contact Curtis Law Firm today to schedule a consultation with our premises liability lawyer in Denver!
If it wasn’t for Cory, I don’t think my case would’ve gone good like it did.Dania C.
We have staff members who speak Spanish.
We make ourselves available to help accommodate your schedule.
Affordable Legal Representation
We make good legal help attainable with Small retainers and payment plan options.
Family changes can be emotionally hard. We help make it easier.